Monday, January 24, 2011

my rebecca

yesterday after church, I was writing some long overdue thank you notes for Christmas gifts.   I had been given a box of new notecards which always gives me motivation!   So I'm writing, and along comes Rebecca.    She asks for two notecards and envelopes  (in boy colors).  Then asks for three more (in girl colors).  Yes, it was an assorted but coordinated box of cards.   Then she proceeded to write (all on her own in her own kindergarten made-up spelling) thank you notes for the birthday presents she had received--in September!!    She even drew her own rough  version of a piece of watermelon since she had a "watermelon" party =)

my only regret is that I didn't scan one of them to save that memory...

after family night, the two of us drove to the post office and she put each one in the slot one at a time... reading the name on the envelope and saying it out loud.   She loves her bestest friends... Annika, Lauren, Chloe, Tyler, and Bryce.

No comments:

Post a Comment